Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 crash, audio (internal) and external tascam us-144 not recognised

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 armondtanz

armondtanz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hi, I have a Windows 7. 16gb i3 comp. I use a lot of music software. Ive recently had a bad crash, done something and when ive re booted my audio icon apprears x... Also i own a tasam us-144 external soundcard. This isnt recognised. Dont shoot me, but i went on youtube and some videos were like 'goto reg edit and change this'... Didnt realise how stoopid a mistake this was til about 5 videos in... 

I have taken it my computer guy. Hes been over it, got it from a error 50 something message to an error 30 something and says hes close but he just cant work it out???

Anyone know a 100% trusted computer/AUDIO expert. Im in northwest UK, Liverpool... Maybe look at the computer remotely or sort something out. Ive never used this comp online. Its strictly been a music workstation, seperate from internet...Ps coming on this forum and asking someone to look at my comp remotely might be a bad idea, any advice please...

Thanks

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

The first question here is 'Do you have your music files backed up to external storage?' because I think you are getting very close to having to do a complete Windows re-install. I really would like the answer to this question.

Am I correct in thinking that this computer is running - sort of - but you cannot play any music, or is it not running at all ? And what is the make and model of the computer or, if you built it, the make and model of the mobo.

What you could try to do is re-install all the audio drivers, both those for your mobo and the Tasam software. If you don't have them you can probably get them from either the computer or the mobo's manufacturer. If this doesn't work more drastic measures will probably be necessary.

Post back with the answers to the questions above and let us know if installing the drivers did any good, but I imagine your tech has already tried this.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 armondtanz

armondtanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hi Chris.. Computer seems fine.

Not too sure on complete spec. Computer guy has it. Ive ordered internal hard drive so dropping everything onto that and yes probably doing a fresh re install...

Just acts strange. The audio icon bottom right has disappeared. It did have yellow exclamation marks on it... They've gone now. 

Notable bizzare events... Tascam driver installs ok, appears in DEVICE MANAGER>sound video game etc... But nothing at all in SOUND>MANAGE AUDIO DEVICES....

Ive (thru youtube), have been on videos where they have offered a great fix solution, a common change was in the regedit..."?" endpoint... I saw that a lot...

My computer knowledge is limited, Can this be fixed remotely by someone whos an expert in this field of audio mis-configure or in lovely layman terms 'is it f*cked'...

Thanks for the reply :)

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

I had similar issues with my M-Audio Delta card.

I ended up fixing it by using ASIO4ALL drivers. Sure it's not ideal, but it beats hell out of re-installing 100's of plugins... and my latency is still super low so I don't really care that much.

Edited by TsVk!, 22 February 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#5 armondtanz

armondtanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

I had similar issues with my M-Audio Delta card.

I ended up fixing it by using ASIO4ALL drivers. Sure it's not ideal, but it beats hell out of re-installing 100's of plugins... and my latency is still super low so I don't really care that much.

Hi,

All the audio devices are not responding. I cant get sound from anywhere, windows player, cubase? .... Nothin. Havent got computer back yet. I'll try it. See what happens. Been on this comp for 2 years no probs. Had a previous comp 2/3 years before that no prob... Im 44, in all the years of having a comp this just hasnt happened... Well Pissed!!!...

And the worst part is no-ones got a clue how or why..... :smash:

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

Yes... I had the same. Just no sound from anywhere. I was convinced for a while that my sound card had died.

#7 armondtanz

armondtanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Yes... I had the same. Just no sound from anywhere. I was convinced for a while that my sound card had died.

Thanks, i might try this. As you said its better than doing a complete wipe and starting again....

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users