Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU issues with Windows Explorer/Shell Infrastructure Host

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yungbandsinmypocket

yungbandsinmypocket

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing problems with my windows explorer, every time I try to open any file in the explorer it will idle anywhere from 40%-90% of my cpu. I'm also noticing that my Shell Infrastructure Host will idle relatively high as well (usually around 16%). 

I was up all night last night tying to find a way to fix this issue, as I am a music producer and I need to be able to export my audio files from my explorer on to dropbox and what not. I tried countless anti malware software's, and none of them fixed the problem. I also believe there might be a chance I'm infected with some type of malware? On my Task Manager, it says I'm running 13 separate svchost.exe. Apologies for the relatively vague information, my knowledge of computers doesn't go past the average joe. But any help and guidance would be extremely appreciated. 
thank you 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

What security applications have you scanned the computer with?  Please be specific.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 yungbandsinmypocket

yungbandsinmypocket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

What security applications have you scanned the computer with?  Please be specific.

I've ran Windows Defender, Rkill, SuperAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, Zemana, and MalwareBytes

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

What operating system are you running.

If it is Windows open the Command Prompt and type in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 yungbandsinmypocket

yungbandsinmypocket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

If it is Windows open the Command Prompt and type in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

Sorry for my lack of specifics, I'm running Windows 10 64 bit.

And as you command.  

#6 yungbandsinmypocket

yungbandsinmypocket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

I ran the scan and it came back saying there were no integrity violations.  

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

I've ran Windows Defender, Rkill, SuperAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, Zemana, and MalwareBytes

RKill is not intended to remove malware.  It only disables malware processes so that other security tools can find and quarantine or remove the malware it finds.  If you are going to run security scans like Malwarebytes or HitmanPro and believe that there is malware interfering with the ability of the security scans you should set up RKill and then run the scans.  If you restart the computer RKill is shut down, so run all of your scans before restarting the computer.  Programs like Malwarebytes need to be restarted in order to remove the malware.

Edit:  I was going to suggest creating a screen shot of the porcesses in the task manger and post this in your topic.  But you can not post these images as an attachment in the Am I Infected forum.

You could use the snipping tools to create an image and then use a host photo website to host these images and acquire a URL link to post the image in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 24 February 2017 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users