Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bug1971

bug1971

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

I was  just wandering what everyone thinks of my new system. I wanted a gaming computer. Is this good enough. So far it's playing all my  games on ultra or high settings. Although, it does seem to be running kinda hot.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/PRFbzhH7KhrgrcYFsY8ZUIq

Edited by bug1971, 22 February 2017 - 02:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

If it runs hot, you probably have stock CPU cooler. What are other parts like PSU?

And usually it's good idea to ask about computer Before buying it :)

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,857 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

Also, what are you considering "hot."   The maximum end of the allowed operating temperature (not the critical temperature where things get throttled) is 61.1° C.  50° C is nowhere near to "hot" for this particular processor, and that's the only temperature data you've offered.

It's always worth checking out the specs for a given processor before declaring that a given machine is "running hot" particularly when under a heavy load.  The cpuboss.com and cpu-world.com websites generally have the operating range temperature specs for most processors if you can't easily find them at the manufacturer's own website for a given processor (and for this particular FX model I couldn't).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

According to the specs that I provided I just thought it was running a little hot @45C. Thanks for the input guys

Edited by bug1971, 22 February 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#5 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

I like the system though not sure about pairing the 8 core FX 8320 with a 4.1 power phase 760g mobo that lacks mosfet cooling. However, FX 8320 with base clock of 3.5 GHZ should run ok with the stock heat sink fan. If those temps are at idle (45-50c) then yes even with the stock provided heat sink fan it's a bit hot. I mean the fan itself is capable it's just loud when it ramps up RPM's. I suppose the question is are you having any issues with temps when gaming or any erratic behavior? If not I would say you are ok but again those temps are not great for idle states you should be getting more like 35-39c or so idle. Was this a self built unit? Also do you have turbo boost enabled within the bios of your motherboard?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

FWIW:  I have a FX8320 and initially my idle temp would be in the 45 Celsius range.  I bought several different heatsink/fans and then decided that it was too much work to replace the stock cooler.  I removed the heatsink/fan...clean it patiently, put new thermal grease on...idle temps dropped to 35-38 Celsius range.

As stated the noise was the biggest irritant, system never blinked, even when temps reached 70s when rendering some video files.

I would just remove the paste applied with the stock...clean everything...apply new grease and see if it improves.

Interesting, Varying Opinions

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#7 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

thanks a lot guys for the great info. that's why I love this site so much. you guys are awesome

Edited by bug1971, 22 February 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#8 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:53 AM

45C is just mildly warm, not considered 'hot' until above 75-80C.....

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users