Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 search sucks (files)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare-Rex

Nightmare-Rex

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

the windows 7 search feature SUCKS, it makes you give permissions for other drives, wait hours add all indexes, and even still it dosen't find all the all files it needs! windows xp search NEVER gave me that problem and weather its an old installation or new installation the xp search works like it should, so no excuse for why windows 7 search has been downgraded.

alternative programs for me to use for search? this has got me so PISSED OFF that i acualy just got BANNED till 2117 on tomshardware (becuase forgot old acc so made new acc with the word bleep in it) it is VERY VERY aggravating to smah on the keybord thinkking varius important files are gone, to see its becuase the search isent finding all the files i need.

i know the search not finding files becuase one on xp portion they ALWAYS found, 2 when i search for example a .iso it finds 3 but i know there more than 3 and when goto a folder where know theres isos, theres 5 theres 10 eta. but the search only finds 3

why has the windows 7 search been degraded in the first place!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

I can't address the reason why Windows 7 file search is so ineffective for you. I've never used it. I always relied on a free utility and still do with Windows 10.

https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

Ditto...I just use the Everything search engine.

Everything Search Engine - http://www.voidtools.com/

Louis

#4 Nightmare-Rex

Nightmare-Rex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

ok thanks ill try one of those and try the other if the other dosent work.

#5 StillXPRro

StillXPRro

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

Super-Finder 1.5.3.2, not the latest one, but I like the menus better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users