Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't play 4k video files on my 4K display.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Izaollie

Izaollie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

I can't seem to be able to play any 4K video files. I have tried numerous different players with no avail.

It always does the same thing. I can skip to a scene but it wont play. But the audio will play.

My display is a brand new TCL 4K 60 inch. It runs at 60 Hertz and is set at 4096 x 2160.

Everything else works flawlessly. I can play games in 4K I can play 4K just fine on Youtube.

And all the players I've tried do the same thing. And I've tried numerous different 4K video files.

I've tried VLC, 5KPLAYER, MEDIS PLAYER CLASSIC and DivX

I've got a AMD 6300
16Gigs of ram
Amd RX 480 8Gig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

Discussions