Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jutu230

Jutu230

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

· OS - Windows 10 x64
· What was original installed OS on system?: 10
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer): Retail
· Age of system (hardware): 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?: Recently yes 

· CPU: 6700k non-OC
· Video Card: GTX 1080
· MotherBoard - ASUS Z170k
· Power Supply - EVGA G2 750w

· System Manufacturer: N/A
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

· Laptop or Desktop?: Desktop

Link to BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_yuq-UUFgy3Q0Q0Mmc5d2FYX00/view?usp=sharing

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Hi there! :)

Unfortunately, MEMORY.DMP was corrupted, and there were no mini memory dumps in the Sysnative Report. If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop. With that said, I don't have that many suggestions. However, please immediately uninstall MSI Afterburner, as it is known to cause BSODs. The next time you get BSODs, please run the Sysnative Reporting Tool again.

Thanks!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Jutu230

Jutu230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Well that's a shame. I did notice that it didn't produce a minidump when it crashed for whatever reason, even though it is set to make one. The PC locked up when I was in the middle of a game, and reset itself after this BSOD. I hoped that the MEMORY.DMP would hold some information, but I guess it didn't this time.

I use MSI Afterburner not for overclocking, but for having a custom fan curve on my GPU. I understand that OC'ing can cause instability, but I'm not using it for that. Do I still need to remove it?

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yes, please remove MSI Afterburner. Even when it is not used for overclocking, it is known to cause BSODs due to malfunctions in its low-level driver.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users