I'm sure this is a very common problem, but I've tried about 10 different solutions and nothing's worked. This has includes both general solutions for the malfunction problem, and specific solutions when trying to connect a Blackberry.
So the problem is, whenever I try and connect my Blackberry (typical micro-USB connection) to USB, Windows 10 comes up with this error.
Some things I've tried so far include:
- Rebooting (the laptop and phone, separately and together)
- Uninstalling the USB driver
- Disabling and enabling the USB driver
- Deactivating "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in power management for the USB hub as a whole
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Blackberry desktop, Blackberry's way of allowing you to access files on your phone from your PC
- Using a different USB cable
- Using a different USB port
- Trying a different laptop's USB port
- Downloading Blackberry's new USB driver file, found here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
My wifi is terrible so I'd much rather transfer files and stuff via USB than sync via the cloud. But this is killing me.