Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Realtek HD Audio Manager on a Gigabyte Mother Board

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

Hello everyone,

I built my computer about 3 weeks ago using the following list of parts:

​CPU:  AMD A8 - 7600 3.1 GHz Quad Core
​Mother Board:  Gigabyte GA-F2A88XD3HP
​Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
​Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
​Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower
​Power Supply:  EVGA BQ 500W 80+ Bronze Semi Modular
​Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS  DVD/CD Writer
​Operating System:  Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The Problem I am having is:

​The Realtek HD Audio Manager on my Mother Board keeps giving me the following 2 messages:

​1) "You just plugged a device into the audio jack."

​2) "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack."

​The thing is I do not plug anything into or from the audio jack when I get those messages! I get those messages from near constantly to several times (8 to 10) in a hour to about once or twice in about a couple of hours!

What have I done?

​1) I have checked to make sure that my external speakers' cable is securely plugged into the audio jack. It was and is.

​2) I checked to make sure that the cable management was okay. The rear case fan's cable was touching the rear audio port housing, so I adjusted the cabling so it was no longer touching the rear audio ports housing. I also made a couple other minor cable adjustments.

​3) I made sure the "Front Audio" cable was properly and securely inserted into the port on the mother board. I even pulled it out and re-inserted it just to make sure!!

​4) Double/Triple checked and made sure the other cables where properly and securely inserted in their proper spots!

​5) I have tried several times to contact Gigabyte the manufacturer of my Mother Board, But I keep getting: "System is busy, Pleas try again later."    WTF?!! Poor Customer/Technical Service when the customer cannot reach them!!

​My questions are:

​1) Could I have missed something when installing BIOS updates before installing my Operating System?

​2) Could some settings have gotten fouled up when I was initially setting up my computer?

​3) Could it be detecting my nephew's game system? my nephew, his wife and their children's cellphones and mobile devices?

​4) Could it be a "bug" in the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver(s)?

​5) or Could there be something else causing it?

​I know others have experienced this problem also! So I am not the only one.

​Can anyone provide any answers and help fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/284778-realtek-hd-audio-manager-device-has-been-plugged-unplugged-issue.html

More Suggestions

Louis

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 516 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I would have gotten back sooner, but I have been a little busy. I ended up unplugging the Front HDAudio Cable from the Mother Board and so far that has stopped the Realtek HD Audio Manager from giving those Annoying Pop up notices!  

​So the problem is either:

1) the Front HD Audio cable is defective

​2) the Realtek HD Audio Manager needs a driver update. which some people have suggested on other sites and said works.

​3) there still could be something else contributing to it as well.

4) or a combination of any or all of the above. 

I am leaning towards #4, A combination of #1 and #3. Why? Once I disconnected/Unplugged the Front Audio Cable from the Mother Board so far the Realtek HD Audio Manager has not popped up any of the messages and I was having a problem with my wireless mouse. It would be fine for a little bit and then it would skip and the cursor would act like it was stuck in mud when I would drag it across the screen. I tried changing batteries (but that only helped for a little bit) and moving the USB receiver from the back of the computer to the front. That only helped a little. Since unplugging the Front HD Audio cable from the Mother Board the mouse is not acting up!   So what else could be wrong besides a defective Front HD Audio Cable? The mother Board is just touching some of the Mother Board stand offs, just on the edge of the Mother Board on 2 sides, but is where it is supposed to be on the other stand offs.

Any ideas what could cause this to happen? 
How can I check to see if the Front HD Audio cable is defective or not?  

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

In Windows 10 control panel select large icons instead of category. There should be a Real HD Manager icon.

It depends on the version you have but unchecking front audio jack detection may help.

http://support.rm.com/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC949416

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

I have seen those header connections on the MOBO to be confusing sometimes.  I suspect the polarity of the connection is reversed and the circuit is constantly checking the hardware and creating the messages.

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 11,308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Make sure that there's no gloop like hot melt glue on the front audio cabling. I once had a system that kept turning on and off, because hot melt glue securing the on/standby switch in position had got onto the wire crimp terminals and was conductive. That gave a false switch activation and prying the glue off cured it. Something conductive on the front audio socket (like glue, or remains of a liquid splash even after evaporation) could give a false indication of plugging/unplugging a device.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#7 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 516 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry it took so long getting back on here to respond.  I was sick for over a week and I forgot about checking here because I got busy catching up on my emails. And now I have a Trojan, which I thought I got rid off, that is making my Microsoft Edge web-browser unusable. Yes I have a post and getting help for that. 

What I did to fix the Audio issue was just unplug the front audio connector from the motherboard.  

The connector can only go on one way, so it would be impossible to put it on any other way.  I did not notice any glue remnants on the wires. There is a plastic fabric "Wiring Loom"  that covers the wires and the rubber coating on the wires is still intact. So there is NO bare wires exposed. Now if the manufacture who made the connector somehow crossed the wires in the connector, I do not know and cannot tell. 

Thank you for the help.

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• 11,308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for getting back to us! It is certainly possible that the front connector is mis-wired, or the mainboard and case use a different wiring configuration, which would be pretty unhelpful.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#9 MoJagot

MoJagot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hi
I've been experiencing the same problem. Built my pc in March

Gigabyte ga z270 hd3p
i7700k
250gb ssd and 3tb hdd
Corsair cxm850 psu
Case was a corsair 230t

I sent my pc back for repairs, they replaced the motherboard and psu (separate issue) but the audio detection error was still occurring. After installing windows 10 fresh the problem still persisted so they replaced the case with another model.

The new case is a cooler master masterbox 5t

I did w fresh install of windows and it's still falsely detecting an audio jack being plugged in and out.

This leaves me to conclude that the issue is driver related with gigabyte motherboards. Let's hope they release a fix soon.

Did anyone manage to solve this problem besides disabling front audio detection?

#10 balalev

balalev

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

I have Gigabyte ga z270 hd3p and i7700k too and i have a same problem.

It doesnt come from the front panel, because  a pull it down from the motherboard.. so... this is sadly a weird problem :(

#11 marianolloret

marianolloret

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Same problem folks!

I have a mobo Gigabyte Z270-HD3P, i6500 and 16 GB of RAM.

My "solution" is: in 'Realtek HD sound manager'->Connection settings', enable 'Disable front jack detection' and disable 'enable auto popup dialog, when device has been plugged in'.

But is not nice and elegant ... I hope we will find a good solution.

Edited by marianolloret, 10 November 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#12 marianolloret

marianolloret

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:10 AM

I tested with Ubuntu 17.10 live and i obtained the same results, I get those messages constantly, sound  appears and disappears.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users