Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Case Fans!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MasterMindZ

MasterMindZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

I just got a new case and finished assembling it and it works fine. But I can't connect the fans(3 pin female) when connected to the fan controller in the front panel(a switch on the cabinet that controls fan speed) as the cable branches off to a 2 pin male connector. I temporarily disconnected it from the fan controller and have connected it directly to the motherboard case fan headers. How do I connect the fan connected to the fan controller? Do I have to get some sort of adapter?

Specs: Intel DB75EN
i3 2120

Asus GTX 660

Coolermaster Thunder 500W SMPS

PS: It's an Antec GX505 case.
PPS: Do ask me if you need more pictures.
(Pictures below for the fan-fan controller cable that branches off(the wire that reads front fan))

210gg1t.jpg

e8a79z.jpg

29as0w6.jpg

EDIT: I just realized I was asking the wrong question! So, the front fan connector here is from the fan controller. So, it is currently irrelevant as I am not using any front fans. I found the wires of the fan controller but, I dont seem to be able to power the fan controller. I can only find these cables from the fan controller.
2ui85dg.jpg
2m82xbc.jpg

Edited by MasterMindZ, 20 February 2017 - 11:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

3-pin female connector should fit nicely for 2-pin male connector.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

Please post the make and model of the motherboard and the fan.  With this information we will be able to tell you which fan connectors accommodate the sense wire which regulates the speed of the fan.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users