Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Image Disc Error Message??????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saruman

Saruman

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

Hi, excuse me if this is obvious. When I try to create a system image disc or system repair disc using windows 7 appropriate DVD or CD Rom I get the message that media's speed is incompatible.

quote: System repair disc could not be created. The meida's speed is incompatible with the device. This may be caused by using higher or lower speed media than the range of speeds supported by the device (0xC0AA020F)

I previously had no problem making the system image and repair discs. But this laptop and Windows is getting on 6 years old. However, I have I tunes set up for importing CDs. Could this be changing the settings? Would I have to uninstall I tunes or could I work around it? Is there another way to correct the issue?

Must be someone out there who's been in this situation.

Thank you for any theories or referalls

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Are you using a DVD in your attempt?  A CD does not have sufficient space for such.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/the-medias-speed-is-incompatible-with-the-device/c5bd323e-f238-49b4-abc0-b4d1d83b485a

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

What specifically is the media you are trying to use.

DVD-R, DVD+R, etc.

What application are you using to create the repair disc?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Saruman

Saruman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

To make the System Image disc I'm using a Verbatime DVD- R DL for DATA 8.5 GB 8x and to make a Repair disc I'm using Verbatim CD - R 700MB 48x

I am using the Backup automated tool provided with Windows 7. I have already backed up my files on external HDD. The other options are 1) Create a System Image disc 2) Create a Repair disc. The tool should automatically write on the media inserted into disc drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users