Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print drivers won't install on Toshiba laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rm113

Rm113

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

I purchased a HP Officejet 250 All-in-one mobile printer and installed the full software onto my Toshiba Tecra W50.  The printer is wireless and connects onto a network or by WIFI Direct.  When I go to print documents nothing will print.  I called HP support and they troubleshooted for over an hour with me and concluded that it's a computer hardware issue.  They said they tried installing other printer drivers and it won't install other printers either.  They think it's some hardware issue with the Toshiba laptop that is preventing printer files from being accepted and installed.  One thing I don't understand is why does it seem the printer and laptop are communicating through network because it's being recognized.  But problem is it won't print.  I cannot call Toshiba because they don't have a 24 hour Tech support line.  I'm on a deadline and need the printer ASAP.  Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Edited by hamluis, 20 February 2017 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from Inteernal Hardware to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

According to the specs the printer can be connected directly via a USB cable. It will not help with the Wifi but you should be able to print to meet your deadline.

The cable is a standard one like this. You should be able to pick one up locally. Look in the back of the printer for the square USB B connection.

usb-btype-f-c.jpg

Is your printer listed in Devices and Printers? This laptop did not have a lexmark printer attached previously did it?

#3 Rm113

Rm113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

But how can I print wirelessly? My previous printer was another HP Officejet 100 Mobile All-In-one. When installing in Devices and Printers, it shows it installs but when I right click on the printer icon, then click properties a message comes out telling me printer driver is not installed. This is why tech support at HP said it's a computer problem not a printer driver problem. How do I check to see if it is a laptop hardware issue?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

What OS are we dealing with? Windows 7?

In Device and Printers left click on the Windows XPS printer. In the menu bar select Print Server Properties. Under the Drivers tab are there any listings for an HP Officejet 100? If there are I would click on each and select Remove. I would then uninstall your HP driver software for the 250 and reinstall it. 

Did you download the software from Hp's support site or did you use the disk that came with the printer?

#5 Rm113

Rm113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

Am using Windows 10 (Anniversary update). I installed the printer software from the HP website. Are they correct though that it's a laptop hardware issue?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

I am not sure. It could be. I am assuming you went through the quick setup guide. Did you check the print server properties to see if your OfficeJet 100 was listed. There may be other drivers conflicting with the 250. If the XPS printer is not available in Windows 10 you can click on the HP printer and you should see Print Server Properties in the menu bar. 

You may want to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but do it in Safe Mode with Networking. See this guide but instead of selecting Command Prompt select Safe Mode with Networking. Then follow the quick setup guide.

Other than that I can't say what else to try other than a direct connection in order to meet your deadline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users