Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first time reinstallation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chippychip

chippychip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

Ok, hi there!

I was invited to upgrade to Windows 10 a few months ago, (well, it must be nearly a year!) and took the chance t do so, and I was happy using that version for a few months, with no problems, before the other day. 

To cut a long story short,the other day, the enviable happened, and I couldn't boot into Windows 10. I tried all the usual stuff, but eventually having tried everything had to give up, and reinstall Windows 7, the previous version, from disc ( I have a Dell unit and used the Windows 7 installation disc provided).

I'm now running Windows 7, and everything has gone back ( A/V, my folders, and everything I backed up in the past) All the drivers have gone back for my graphics card, and Wireless network card, and sound card, so everything is now running smoothly!

But one thing bothers me- have I lost Windows 10? is there no way to get it back? or will I get it back eventually through Windows update?

It's at these times, the old DVD installation discs were a god send!

Graham 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Because that computer has had Windows 10, you can reinstall Windows 10 anytime you want. At this point though you will probably have to do a clean install;

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users