Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected to the internet but not receiving data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ac98521

ac98521

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

While I am playing Garena/ Steam online games, there is a point wherein the computer stops receiving data instantly disconnecting me to the server. But when I access chrome and google, the connection suddenly comes back. Can you give a diagnosis to this? Or solutions?

I have a dell inspiron 7566.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

What is your Internet connection?

It may be that Garena requires constant connectivity or you get disconnected, a slight glitch and you would be disconnected from Garena, but Chrome would be just fine.

#3 ac98521

ac98521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

What is your Internet connection?

It may be that Garena requires constant connectivity or you get disconnected, a slight glitch and you would be disconnected from Garena, but Chrome would be just fine.

I am using a very stable modem connection at home. When the incident happened, my computer stopped getting data, though my system tray icon was fine. My phone was able to connect in the internet as well, which means the problem must be in my computer right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users