Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two keyboards in Device Manager?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

I plugged my Unicomp mechanical keyboard into one of the front USB ports on my machine after bootup. When I checked in Device Manager, it showed two instances of said keyboard. Everything else only shows up once. Is it normal to get two keyboards in Device Manager in Win 10 when only one is plugged in?

Attached File  device manager two keyboards wtf.png   22.68KB   0 downloads

Thank you.

What is this Internet you speak of?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

Since the Device Manger shows that a battery is involved it appears that this is a laptop.  This being the case you are going to see two keyboards if you add an external keyboard.  The computer sees both the built in laptop keyboard and the external keyboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users