Hello, I have been having these issues for a few weeks now and I'm clueless how to fix them, I have almost come to a conclusion to reinstall my OS and factory reset the computer, only carrying over files I need because it has become such a hassle. I have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium custom scan, all things checkmarked and every drive, and it scanned and found nothing, still concerned I contacted a Malwarebytes represenative and he had me run Farbar Recovery Tool. I ran it and sent him the logs, and he said I was malware-free. I have cleared browser cache, refreshed firefox (system restore basically for firefox), checked task manager for background running processes and other alien processes, which I had none that I can detect personally. ran sfc/scannow in cmd, no files corrupted. dxdiag shows no error messages. defragmented and did disk cleanup, and ran CCleaner. Also ran Microsoft's MRT (Malicious Removal Tool), and also found nothing. I have exhausted my efforts so I come to the professionals, and friends of bleepingcomputer, where I have been browsing a lot recently seeing as you guys have fixed MANY issues. Now I'm a techy-sorta guy, but these problems are so random and unexplained, they make me feel dumb. So enough of my blabbering, here are my symptoms.
- YouTube takes a long time to exclusively load the homepage, 10-15 seconds usually. Other specific sites are slow loading, including this one, however some are perfectly fine.
- Yahoo mail, when I go to open an email, it actually loads the email about 50% of the time, the other 50% it is a blank page and I have to refresh the page to maybe see it.
- While playing videos, sometimes random lagspikes occur, and occasionally when clicking to other videos, my other monitor will have a black flicker for a moment, this only happens when switching from one video to another.
- Some pages seem to lose information sometimes, e.g. YouTube has forgotton my subscriptions box and was left blank as if it were a new computer, refreshing the page fixed the issue.
- On the homepage of YouTube, just moving my mouse around and over the left column or videos, it has a delayed response when the mouse shows the hand instead of a cursor.
- Random minor lag spikes while playing, occasionally unplayable spikes will happen out of nowhere, going from 300 fps to 100, to 150, to 50, etc.
General computer related
- Certain icons on my desktop have lost their initial icon look
- When in my Computer > C:/J: drives, while browsing through files, each time I open a folder my desktop seems to almost "refresh" my icons, as they are blank white and flicker for a brief moment.
- Aswell as general slowness and poor performance all around.
My computer specs are as follows
GPU - GEFORCE GTX 1060 3gb
CPU - AMD FX-6300 Six-Core (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
MOTHERBOARD - 970 MSI SB950 SATA 6Gb/s
8 GB RAM
Like I said earlier, I am out of ideas, and system restore only goes back to the 11th, this has been going on for weeks, months even. I appreciate the help, talk to you soon.
Edited by fluxxi, 19 February 2017 - 09:00 AM.