Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Rescue Guy needs a basic help. Thx!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackdashack

jackdashack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

report.gif       2 Hours Ago
Hello. I think of myself as an XP Rescue. Everyone gives their XP's to me. I have a Windows 10 but I still keep the XP's plugging along. Until 2019 anyway and I don't know what I'll do with them then. 4 of them. I guess they are trash.

This one a friend gave me it boots up on my name as admin and a dedicated admin. I have to choose. No password. I can't get it to just boot up on my account. I've used Tweak UI but that hasn't the right option under LOGON. I've looked at various register tweaks but when I go down thru the registry the places they name are not there.

I just want it to boot up on my account, which is an admin, and not the account called admin with no password. I do not have to use a password at this time. Any help there?

Thanks! jack ":-Dx 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Try the steps here. You may need to add a password to your account in order to set the login to automatic.

After 2019 or before consider linux for your other XP computers. No reason to trash. Look at Puppy linux if there is less than 1GB of RAM on the computers.

#3 jackdashack

jackdashack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Try the steps here. You may need to add a password to your account in order to set the login to automatic.

After 2019 or before consider linux for your other XP computers. No reason to trash. Look at Puppy linux if there is less than 1GB of RAM on the computers.

Thanks. I will look at this again. First time didn't take or seem to get to the right options. But I do appreciate the reply. ":-Dx  jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users