Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera VPN cannot choose the UK?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Cannot find better category.

The country choices shown for their IPs does not include the UK - why not?

So this app cannot be used in the UK? I am in the UK - is that the reason?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oliverch

Oliverch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

You can use Opera VPN anywhere you want, but have limited number of possible IPs. As far as I’m concerned, Opera offers virtual locations in the USA, Canada and Germany.  For example, choosing the US server, an American IP will be appointed to your device making possible to stream geo-restricted content, such as Netflix or Pandora radio. In such a manner, if you want to have the UK IP address, you need to subscribe for another vpn services (e.g. tunnelbear which has free package for testing https://www.bestvpnrating.com/service/tunnelbear) seeing the fact that Opera VPN will be absolutely useless.

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:13 AM

Thank you for responding and for that link - I'll check it out.

It is odd that Opera VPN seemingly excludes a UK IP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users