Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

looking for laptop suggestions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coltsman1987

coltsman1987

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

I have a old HP laptop and I play wow and it has gotten really slow even on low graphic settings. So I'm looking to get a new laptop and not really sure what I'm looking for in one. I only play wow so just looking for something that will play it smooth on high settings. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 18 February 2017 - 11:49 AM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to Buying New - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Does it have to be a Laptop (e.g. Do you travel around a lot or does it sit on your desk all day never moving an inch?). The reason being you can get a desktop PC much more cheaply than a laptop if you're willing to sacrifice portability. It's no issue if you want a Laptop however, I just want to know whether you actually use it for moving around or not.

Otherwise, could you fill out this:

Laptop or Desktop?

My budget for the new computer is: 

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 

What software do you intend on using on the computer? 

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? 

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Will you be overclocking?

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

How many monitors are you planning to use?

Do you need peripherals? OS?

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

Edited by hamluis, 22 March 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

We can't give you an answer until you post what your budget is. That is what will tell you what you can get. I know one that will play your game great, but are you ready to pay $900-$1200 just to play a game?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 cyberjaguar

cyberjaguar

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:25 AM

Some brands will probably be better choices than others, regardless of which price range & hardware specs you end up shooting for.

https://www.squaretrade.com/laptop-reliability-1109/

Mod Edit:  Linked data is over 9 years old...cannot reflect accurate analysis ot 2017 - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#5 maxpain48

maxpain48

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

For sure, it would be better if you add some additional information about a laptop you are looking for. It is hard to give any suggestions considering you are playing only WoW. Anyway, I would recommend you to have a look at gaming laptops. Just compare some models and try to choose the best one according to your preference and budget. Good luck man. 

https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-laptops

Edited by maxpain48, 21 March 2017 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users