Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert videos from 1080p to 480p on PowerPC Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hello,

I want to convert some videos taken by my camera from 1080p to 480p so they will play smoother on my older iMac G5 running OS X Tiger (10.4.11). I can't seem to get the HandBrake program to work. I've heard that there's a program called VoltaicHD that might help, but it doesn't run on 10.4.11. I'd really like to play the videos, but how?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

Which version of HandBrake are you using? It would appear from the HandBrake site that the "newest" version of Handbrake that will support a PPC chip is 0.9.4. All the newer versions don't appear to offer a PPC version (a G5 processor is a PPC processor), but only versions that will support Intel chips. Here is the page with older versions:

https://handbrake.fr/old.php

#3 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Topic Starter

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

I am using HandBrake 0.9. It opens and "works", but  can't seem to recognize my videos. Anyway, I got the problem solved by taking the videos and transferring them to my newer macbook and converting them to 480p with QuickTime player. Thanks!

Edited by iMacg3, 20 February 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users