Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:02 AM
I'm not sure where I should place this question because the problem can possibly be anywhere in my hardware...
So, I have recently built a new PC
Intel Core i5-6600K SkyLake 3.5 GHz LGA 1151
ASRock Z170-Pro4 LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS Gold PSU
Western Digital WD Blue Hard Drive 1TB WD10EZEX 7200 RPM
Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-224DB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce Overclocked 3GB GDDR5 Video Card
ZOWIE BENQ XL2411z 144Hz
Monitor-GPU cable : DVI-D - DVI-D
1. When I press the power button, the monitor shows that DVI signal is found, then the "windows error recovery" window appears for a fraction of a second, and then DVI signal is lost - the monitor forever switches between complete black screen and the message "no signal found." Caps-lock is not responding on the keyboard, probably meaning that Windows fails to load.
2. I can't enter BIOS because DVI signal is lost upon pressing the key
3. SOMETIMES when I press Enter after the "windows error recovery" screen has quickly appeared - the next "windows is loading files..." screen appears and DVI signal is restored again for a second, but once the loading bar reaches 100% - DVI signal is lost again and the monitor forever switches between complete black screen and the message "no signal found."
Other perhaps important details:
1. My GTX 1060's dual fans start spinning for the first 2-3 seconds and then stop. I have read that this is normal for this GPU as long as its temperature is below 60 degrees.
2. The monitor worked flawlessly with my old GTX 750 with the same cable (this GPU has been sold so I can't test it on my new PC)
3. If I disconnect my GPU from the mobo and connect my monitor cable to the integrated GPU (DVI-D port) then I NEVER have DVI signal even in the first second of boot - the monitor forever switches between complete black screen and the message "no signal found" right at the start.
Any help will be highly appreciated!