Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2013 Fullscreen (like Metro)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SomeRandomGuy7474728

SomeRandomGuy7474728

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

I have noticed, when I just look up Office 2013 on Google Images, or just look in a book in Barnes and Noble on Office 2013, it always shows it looking like Windows 8 Metro apps. The only difference is that the close, minimize, and resize buttons ARE present, but not the taskbar. NOT THE TOOLBARS OR THE RIBBON, the Windows Desktop Taskbar. The taskbar is hidden! Although on my Office 2013 Home and Student (yes it is activated), the taskbar shows. I did some research and found that the Beta for Office 2013 was like that, so I installed a Windows 8.1 VM and downloaded the Beta online, and even though it couldn't activate, it could install, and even on the Beta, the taskbar still showed. Am I installing it wrong? Is my disc corrupt? Is the ISO I installed the Beta from corrupt? Is it a setting?

NOTES:
I got the disc from Microsoft.
I have Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (not 8.1) (activated)
I have Office 2013 Home and Student (activated)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

Can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

The visibility or otherwise of your taskbar has nothing to do with MS Office.

Right click on the taskbar and select 'Properties' from the pop-up menu, then put a tick (by clicking) in the box against 'Auto-hide'. Your taskbar will disappear and to see it again all you have to do is take the cursor down to the bottom of the screen and it will re-appear.

I can't speak for the menu bars at the top but have a look at the options under 'View'.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 SomeRandomGuy7474728

SomeRandomGuy7474728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

Can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

I attached a screenshot of Office 2013 with no taskbar showing, from Google Images, from FileHippo, that looks like all the other images. Except mine does show the taskbar.Attached File  IMG_2641.PNG   44.25KB   1 downloads

Edited by SomeRandomGuy7474728, 17 February 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#5 SomeRandomGuy7474728

SomeRandomGuy7474728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

The visibility or otherwise of your taskbar has nothing to do with MS Office.

Right click on the taskbar and select 'Properties' from the pop-up menu, then put a tick (by clicking) in the box against 'Auto-hide'. Your taskbar will disappear and to see it again all you have to do is take the cursor down to the bottom of the screen and it will re-appear.

I can't speak for the menu bars at the top but have a look at the options under 'View'.

Chris Cosgrove

Nothing in View. Okay, if it has nothing to do with Office, then please explain all these pictures online and even in a book.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

I attached a screenshot of Office 2013 with no taskbar showing, from Google Images, from FileHippo, that looks like all the other images. Except mine does show the taskbar.attachicon.gifIMG_2641.PNG

I don't know what is the taskbar on Office! that's why I ask for the screenshot. I only know the "Quick Access Toolbar" and the "Status Bar" all visible on the image you post.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

The taskbar on a Windows computer is the small area across the bottom of the screen with all the icons on it, usually starting with the Windows button at the left hand end and with the time and the 'View desktop' button at the right. See below. This is taken from a Win 7 OS but it is essentially the same in Win 10.

Chris Cosgrove

Attached Files

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 18 February 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#8 SomeRandomGuy7474728

SomeRandomGuy7474728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

I attached a screenshot of Office 2013 with no taskbar showing, from Google Images, from FileHippo, that looks like all the other images. Except mine does show the taskbar.attachicon.gifIMG_2641.PNG

I don't know what is the taskbar on Office! that's why I ask for the screenshot. I only know the "Quick Access Toolbar" and the "Status Bar" all visible on the image you post.

You don't seem to get it. The taskbar I am talking about is not part of Office. It is part of Windows. It is not generated by the Office programs, it is generated by the Windows operating system. And the point of the screenshot was that there is NO taskbar showing in the screenshot, which is the way I want it, but in mine, the taskbar IS showing.

Edited by SomeRandomGuy7474728, 20 February 2017 - 05:38 PM.

#9 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:31 AM

You don't seem to get it. The taskbar I am talking about is not part of Office. It is part of Windows. It is not generated by the Office programs, it is generated by the Windows operating system. And the point of the screenshot was that there is NO taskbar showing in the screenshot, which is the way I want it, but in mine, the taskbar IS showing.

Neither you. Then why you ask about Office??? All that screenshots are created without including any extra elements beside the Office window because there is no point to have a bigger picture.

So in the end are you talking about creating screenshots without including the taskbar, etc. besides the program window?

___
Rui

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

Let's try to put this one finally to bed.

The taskbar in Windows is the strip across - normally - the bottom of the screen with all the icons on it as shown in my #7. It can be positioned elsewhere on the screen if the user wishes.

If you want a screenshot without the taskbar showing in it you have two choices. You can either edit it to remove - crop out - the taskbar or you can 'Autohide' the taskbar as described in my #3. As an example of a desktop with the taskbar hidden, see below.

Chris Cosgrove

Attached File  Desktop.jpg   85.77KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users