Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc doesn't turn on sometimes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yandjin

Yandjin

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hi, for about two weeks or my PC is sometimes having problems turning on,

When i press the power button, sometimes it turns on right away, and sometimes it doesn't, eventually it turns on after 10 sec or so,

sometimes it doesn't turn on at all so i turn off the power switch at the back of the psu, wait for the motherboard to discharge, and then turn it on back again and it works.

The motherboard LEDs are on and if the computer turns on, i encounter no problem at all,

I checked the voltages in the BIOS and the values are good.

When i press the power button, i sometimes hear a really tinny "tic" sound.

I found someone on reddit having the same issue as me, and a member suggested turning off sleeping mode on the motherboard, but i cant find any. the link : https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3v8u9g/pc_not_turning_on_sometimes_with_cooler_master/

My system is around 1.5 years old except the PSU which is 6 months 

Specifications :

- PSU : Coolermaster v1200

- GPU : Sapphire 390x

- CPU : I5 4690k

- Cooler : NZXT Kraken x61

- RAM : Gskill ripjaws 8go ddr3 1600mhz

+ Adata xpg 16go ddr3 1886mhz

- HDD : western digital blue 1to 7200rpm

- Motherboard : Asus maximus vii ranger

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English

Edited by computerxpds, 12 August 2017 - 08:29 PM.
Moved from BSOD forum to Hardware Forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yandjin

Yandjin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

I figured out that when the computer refuses to start, placing the switch at the back of the power supply on a middle position between on and off starts the computer right away.

does this make any sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users