Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Magnifier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Win10Pro

Win10Pro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Hello,

in order to magnify with a built-in magnifier I need to press Win + plus key twice: the first time to make this app run (appear on screen) and the second time to magnify, which makes me go bonkers as all the other computers with Win 10 do NOT work this way (just o n e single click magnifies the screen). I've been living with this problem for some16 months but can't stand it anymore.

Some details: a desktop with Windows 10 Pro, integrated Intel graphics, no Hot Keys activated (I can provide all the remaining details if needed). I'm not sure if it matters but I have a similar problem with printscreens: I cannot just press PrintScreen (or Alt + PrintScreen, to capture an active windows) - instead the only way to make it work is to press Windows key plus PrintScreen.

Other than that the computer works without any whatsoever problems since September 2015.

I haven't modified any settings in the Registry.

I tried a different keyboard. All my drivers are up to date.

Edited by Win10Pro, 17 February 2017 - 07:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

What happens if you open the magnifier and then click/tap a second time of it to increase the magnification and then use the Esc key to close, and then use the Windows key and + to reopen the magnifier, is the level of magnification the same as it was when you closed the magnifier?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Win10Pro

Win10Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

What happens if you open the magnifier and then click/tap a second time of it to increase the magnification and then use the Esc key to close, and then use the Windows key and + to reopen the magnifier, is the level of magnification the same as it was when you closed the magnifier?

OK, so here's how it goes, step by step:

1. I open my computer then I press Windows key and +. The magnifier appears on the screen with the magnification level of 100% and "waits" for me to press the aforementioned combination of keys for the second time to do its job.

2. After the second click the magnification increases to 200%  and after some 2 seconds a semi-transparent circle (resembling a traditional magnifying glass) remains on the screen.

3. Now I can leave it as it is or click on "Minimize" dash on the tool to move it to the Taskbar. When I click Esc key nothing happens.

4. If I want to close it I need to click the "x" sign on the tool - once it's closed a really strange thing happens. If I press Win plus + key within some 10 - 15 seconds the Magnifier opens immediately (like it should do) with the magnification level of 200%.

5. But if I wait too long (say, 30 seconds) I need to repeat everything from the start; i.e. press Win plus + key (100%) and press it one more time (to increase to 200%).

Edited by Win10Pro, 19 February 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Use the Windows key and the + key to open the magnifier.  Press the Windows key and tap the - key to reduce the magnification.  Press the Windows key and Esc to close the magnifier.  When you reopen the magnifier the image will be the normal size.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Win10Pro

Win10Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Use the Windows key and the + key to open the magnifier.  Press the Windows key and tap the - key to reduce the magnification.  Press the Windows key and Esc to close the magnifier.  When you reopen the magnifier the image will be the normal size.

English is not my native language so probably I badly explained my problem, my apologies.

The point is that on ALL computers with Windows 7, 8 and 10 that I've ever used until now when I wanted to magnify the screen I only had to press Win plus + key once. On my machine I have to press it twice and I'm trying to figure it why is it so?

For somebody like me with a failing eyesight the Magnifier is a VERY important tool that's why I care so much to fix it. I don't want to click twice all day long to magnify my screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users