Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Advice Challenge: Non-Profit EMR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redgang112

redgang112

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys, any IT healthcare professionals around? I work for a small non profit rehab center for juveniles and we are in desperate need of an EMR system. I've been slamming my head into a wall for months, flabbergasted at how limited my options seem. Every system is either absurdly expensive or mindbogglingly inflexible.

Here's where I'm at:

-max budget of $2000/year

-15 to 25 Clients

-10 staff, 2 of which are providers(case worker and therapist)

-we have a plethora of forms, half of which require written signatures

-HIPAA compliance a must

So it needs to support custom forms, written signatures, SSL, database(local or cloud is fine). Perfectforms and Kipu are amazing but stupid expensive, even with their non profit "discount." Sumac and TheraNest are way too limited. Any EMR software come to mind?

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'm not in Healthcare but I did some work with a small doctor's office that used Practice Fusion. I believe it's free (ads) but I have no idea if it meets your other requirements.

#3 redgang112

redgang112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

Tried Practice Fusion. Staff will be greatly turned off by the ads and the form building wasn't nearly good enough.

Thanks for the response

#4 redgang112

redgang112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Or does anyone know a better place to ask? The healthcare industry has a scary tight control of EMR discussions, I can't find a notable forum anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users