Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Proxy server settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnnkr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

I am looking for help with this issue. I have Adobe Dreamweaver cc 2017. I would like to use the device preview option for my web designs. But when I try I get taken to a troubleshooting page. I have been able to do all they suggested except checking to see if my proxy settings are blocking my connection to my external device. It says to find out ii Dreamweaver is in the whitelist.

I not only do not where to find this information, I am not sure how to add Dreamweaver if it is not on the whitelist. I do not have a lot of know-how in this aspect of my computer. Can someone please help me. I have been trying to get this preview thing to work for 3 days.

Adobe did help with some of it. But not this part of it and they do not tell you how to do it, on their troubleshooting page.

Here is what the troubleshooting page says about Proxy Settings

Proxy server settings blocking connections to external devices  

Device Preview may not work if the IP address of the computer on which Dreamweaver is running is not in the white list of the proxy server. Contact your system administrator to add your computer to the white list in the proxy server settings.

Thank You

Edited by johnnkr, 16 February 2017 - 10:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

It's a bit a simple question... are you behind a proxy?

If so...

Ask Adobe which addresses and which ports you need to open to get to their servers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users