Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with HP laptop. Thanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike5050

Mike5050

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

I got a free laptop and trying to factory reset it but in HP recovery Manager there is no option like videos show for factory settings. Also I believe it was windows 8 and someone tried to upgrade to Windows 10 because it says on a screen, windows recovery Manager and 2 separate windows 10 operating systems with I believe 4files. So it's stuck on load screen and error pops up install windows, you can close or press OK both result in restart and it's in a loop but can access blue screen by f11. Thanks for any help specs of laptop below

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Sleekbook 15-b129wm

Mod Edit

Moved from general chat

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 16 February 2017 - 08:17 PM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

You can download Windows 10 install media using the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install on the computer. You may need to reinstall some HP specific drivers after installing Windows 10.

Is there any data you need on the computer?

If not then boot the install media and at the screen where it asks for language press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt and type the following commands

diskpart       Opens the diskpart command window

list disk

select disk X     Where X is the number associated with the disk you intend to install Windows to. If you only have one hard drive it will be 0.

clean                Deletes all partitions and sets up the drive for a clean install

convert GPT

exit                   exits out of diskpart

exit                   exits out of command prompt

continue with the install

#3 Mike5050

Mike5050
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

I'll try thanks

#4 Mike5050

Mike5050
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Just so u know I got the laptop and it's stuck on HP screen says preparing then cuts to grey screen and back to HP screen then error install windows. There is nothing I need on it besides to get it to work hahahaha

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

No data needed off the computer, correct?

After the install you will probably need drivers. Open Device Manager and look for any Yellows Exclamation Marks next to the devices.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 February 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Mike5050

Mike5050
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Thanks I got it working I didn't do what u said but there was another option to fix drives etc. And it worked. I'm pumped thanks again for replying

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

No problem, glad you were able to fix it without a reinstall. Thanks for the update. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users