Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Rpc Server Is Unavilable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mcd1913

mcd1913

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:58 PM

I have no start tool bar on the desk top. all of the program short cuts do not work. if I go to services/local/standard things that are supposed to start automaticly did not start and I get the message the rpc server is unavable. I can still get on the internet, still run spy but but not mcafee.
I am not sure what happened before this started as the kids were using the computer.
Any help anyone can give?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:11 AM

Use Windows System Restore and choose the oldest date that is highlighted (bold),

Click on it and follow instructions thast appeear on screen,

Reload all updatesyou have done since that date.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

Go to Start...Run...and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Scroll down to the Remote Procedure Call service and the Remote Procedure Call Locator and see if they're "Started". If not, start the Remote Procedure Call Service and see if that fixes the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 mcd1913

mcd1913
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:22 AM

Use Windows System Restore and choose the oldest date that is highlighted (bold),

Click on it and follow instructions thast appeear on screen,

Reload all updatesyou have done since that date.

Tryed this, the message that comes up is " System Restore is not able to protect your computer. please restart and try again". restart twice it is not working. I also failed to say I am running Windows XP Home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users