Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New internet business in a hyper competitive market

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aflat9

Aflat9

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hi!

I have been tasked with trying to make a completely online business work in the hyper competitive world of mortgages!

Trying to compete organically with the big wigs is nigh on impossible as their domain authority is just ridiculous and this is a new website with limited resources and little to no budget.

The aim is for people to compare mortgage advisors. I was thinking about developing a 'widget' in which I can use the quotation platform that is on the website, shrink it and try and put it on other peoples websites to gain referral traffic.

Has anyone done this before? Is it worth it? Also, I'm just worried about designing the widget to resize correctly (If you want to see the quotation platform, it's the yellow box on

http://mybigmove.co.uk/find-the-best-mortgage-advisors

If this doesn't work I am fresh out of ideas, any tips to beat the big players would be rewarded! :)

Thanks!

Mod Edit: commercial link deactivated ~Al1000

Edited by Al1000, 19 February 2017 - 03:27 PM.
deactivate commercial link

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ram-girl

Ram-girl

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

Good luck with trying to get referral traffic in a hyper competitive market. I would buy some traffic from Google / Facebook, make market analysis etc. Also why would the customers pick your service rather than all the other available ones? What sets you apart?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users