Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 startup problems.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Schmukko

Schmukko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hi, Ive updated to windows 10 and completely screwed up my computer :devil:  :devil:

When i start it up the Keyboard is dead, stopping me from hitting esc to get into recovery mode, and when it finally gets to the start up screen it auto fills my password as 44444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444 (possibly even longer) when this stops I can get an onscreen key board up and the num lock key is active. I can then manage to delete the 4s and imput my password. I have to put it in backwards though. The computer will then fire up but i then lose the onscreen keyboard and have to go to mouse control. If I manage to open up anything with an option box the highlighted option is always the last one and if i try to click another option it imediately scrolls to the last one again.

I have tried to make a recovery usb on this spare computer, which is running Win7, but with no luck.

Any advice please? 

Cheers,

Schmukko.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on different PC.

Change the boot order in the BIOS so that the installation media type is the first device in the boot order (disk or USB flash drive0, then make the ssd/hdd the second device.  Boot from the installation media and proceed till you see the image below, then select the option to repair the operating system.  Follow the instructions to run the repair.

w72_zps2a656a0c.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users