Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Windows Installer Service Could not be Accessed.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ahmadyulinu

ahmadyulinu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Could anyone tell me what's causing the message to appear?
This issue began when I deleted msiexec.exe file, because it's the one that's causing shortcut virus on my drives, and after that, I'm unable to install something that has to do with .msi or .msu. I've tried placing the msiexec.exe back to its original directory, but that doesn't work either. 

Is there anything I could do to fix this issue other than reinstalling Windows 7? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulletz4Breakfast

Bulletz4Breakfast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Could try a repair install.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

Another thing to try:  tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), Safe Mode with Networking, run system file re-associations, EXE, MSI, etc. re-associations, along with items 26 & 27; Restart twice, allow Windows to come a complete "parade rest". 

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

Or just go here and scroll down to msi fix

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users