Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless keyboard only lag

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 migelito

migelito

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

i have developed this weird issue and i don't know what to make of it.  i have tried two different wireless keyboards on separate dongle in different ports. one no-name and one logitech k3xx, 350 or 320 something like that.  when i restart Windows 10, it will start out okay, but it's like it build up a queue of key presses, because it will start to lag worse and worse until i get a few second delay and only every few few keystrokes makes it through. The odd thing is, no other input devices lag.  my usb wired mouse and logitech G13 gaming pad work fine.  there is no network lag.  only wireless keyboards. With ordinary use, it may take quite a while to manifest.  it is very quickly aparent, though, with gaming.  it looks like long keystrokes act like repetitive keymashing and speed up the process.  A game like Overwatch can become unplayable in maybe one to two minutes of gameplay.  Exiting the program also does not help.  Only restarting.  The only similar issue i could find someone claimed they could fix by turning off the Game DVR, but this did not work for me.

I found an old wired keyboard at work that i am going to take home and test.  I will post the results, and i will post specs then also.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 migelito

migelito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

sorry, got super busy and this got put on the back burner.  It's the perils of working two jobs.

So i tested a generic wired keyboard, and of course it worked perfectly.  could this have anything to do with the fact that my computer has no regular USB 2.0 ports?  only USB 3.0 and 3.1, and the ones with extra power.  tried updating the driver, and i used logitech's software to update the driver also.  no luck.  Also, i don't know if it makes a difference, but it is a fairly new system.

Edited by migelito, 01 March 2017 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users