Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Query about an IP address Chrome connects to.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HairyApricot

HairyApricot

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

Noticed over the past few months that Chrome connects to 151.101.60.133, or similar addresses. Usually when it first starts up, and I have seen it a few more times as well. It all seems to be associated with Fastly, which is a very large CDN. I am assuming its probably to do with a plugin or the like, though I am not 100% sure on that. Is anyone aware of what Plugins it could be. UBlock, HTTPSEverywhere, Privacy Badger and Res are what I have atm.

Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 11,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

After a bit of searching...this site is one of two domains...Google Translate.....does that look familiar to you? That is 2646.com.

The second one is friendsofpetworthpark.org....does that look familiar to you?

You can delete Third Party cookies and clean out Chrome's cache using CCleaner.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Would be a good idea to scan the computer for adware using Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool if you haven't done that recently.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

It definitely not adware or anything similar, I was recently declared clean by the malware forum. Well google translate is definitely familiar, it is a component of chrome. Never been on the other one in my life.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 11,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

That Google Translate link takes you to is one of two websites hosted at 151.101.60.133.....and since you are not familiar with that site

is why I suggest you use the programs to scan with.

It may help to block third party cookies, too. That will improve your privacy and security as well.

How to disable third-party cookies in all major web browsers

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

In the end I don't think it was anything. Most of the addresses seem to be used on reddit, and one was for Privacy Badger. Just me being paranoid I guess.

#6 HairyApricot

HairyApricot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

My mistake, the IP address was 151.101.16.133, not 151.101.60.133

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users