Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer shut down abruptly & now nailed to 2 causes ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:36 AM

Hello Fellows, 

Need some help on how to fix the computer shut down abruptly issue, now nailed down to 2 possible causes:

1. Diagnostic Service Host failed to start;

2. Diagnostic System Host failed to start

These are according to Event Viewer/ system report.

I looked into many other poster's thread and trouble shooted many other issues, such as:

1. Over-heating issue--I opened the laptop and applied thermal paste onto chip and graphics card, cleaned up all dust and fan, now temp is around 39C, fan works no problem.

2. ran SFC /scannow, system restore and CHKDSK multiple times, but cannot solve the random shut down issue. SFC and system restore were completed successfully and SFC scannow further says found corrupted files but was repaired; SystemRestore completed to earlier restore point; CHKDSK took more the 3 hours, missed the last pops up message, ...

So, the Diagnostice Service Host & System  Host are the only 2 I cannot fix, I tried to re-set but would not allow me as pop-up says it's local computer setting??

Any suggestion, thanks...

BTW: here are some specs and issues that I think it's worth to note:

1. O/S: Vista Ultimate- seems auto update has been problematic, but I notice many other Vista users are having the same problem

2. Laptop are Sony VAIO, as previously announced-they spinned off VAIO, no latest driver's update are available or recently added.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users