Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Laptops , One Xp!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluetoff

bluetoff

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

I have 2 laptops, one came with xp home. I have now put xp home on the 2nd laptop using the disc but how do i register the second one as the number has already been used. Is there a way around this without having to buy another xp disc.Thanks
Advertise for free at bikeforsale.co.uk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

No - you can only use the license you have to install XP on one, and only one computer.

You must buy an additional full installation version cd of Windows XP with its unique 25 digit license key to authenticate the installation.

There is no other legal way to do this and any attempt would be considered software piracy.

DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS XP LICENSE KEY FROM YOUR ORIGINAL INSTALLATION OF XP TO TRY TO VALIDATE XP ON THE SECOND COMPUTER! (Be aware that XP will shut down after 30 days of not being validated after installing XP)

If you do try to use the same key code on both, it will still shut down on 30th day and be inoperable after that. It may also cause your first installation to become invalid as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users