Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSoD and crashes whilst gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jordanlowe96

jordanlowe96

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

• OS - Windows 10
    • x64
    • Windows 10
    • Full retail version
  • Age of Hardware: 2 months
  • CPU: Intel i5 6600k (not OC'd)
  • GPU: Evga GTX 1070 FTW (not OC'd)
  • MOBO: ASRock z170 Exteme4
  • PSU: Evga G3 550W Gold 80+
  • Self Built Desktop

Hi guys new to this site, I'm having a nightmare trying to figure out this BSoD I've started getting for the past week and was hoping you guys could help.

Last week whilst playing games for around half an hour the game crashed twice, which has never happened before, I opened google to try and figure it out but got BSoD all of a sudden, this had never happened before and have had much longer, heavier gaming sessions with no problem. Once the PC restarted I checked GPU temp which was 55 C and then went to bios to check CPU temp, this was        38 C, but bare in mind this was a few minutes after the initial crash.

A few days later when playing a game I got a BSoD mid game after about 1 hour 30, this time I managed to catch the stop code, "Unexpected store exception". The next day I play the same game and get a BSoD after 20mins, this time the BSoD was "faulty hardware corrupted page". 

After this, I realised this wasn't going away so I went to Toms Hardware for some advice. Some took some advice and tried a few things, these included:

• Memtest86 3 passes
  • FurMark stress test (around 10mins, GPU was around 74 C, I closed it down as it wasn't going any higher, 2 minutes later a get BSoD)
  • Removed display drivers with DDU, then clean installed from Nvidia
  • Windows memory diagnostic
  • Driver Verifier using custom setting that I was advised to use (this got BSoD as the PC was starting back up, said repairing windows, then about three more BSoD, I then went to advanced options and selected Repair windows, it ran for a while then said unable to repair, so I selected shut down, turned back on and it worked fine.) The first BSoD said "Driver verifier violation detected" - What Failed: aswVmm.sys 
  • chkdsk
  • SFC scannow (i tried this 3 times, first time no problems detected, second time found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, I then restarted in safe mode, ran SFC scannow, but this time no problems detected
  • Running antivirus scans 
  • Using driver booster
  • Resetting windows (I did this because I tried opening GeForce Experience, but it said failed try again, I googled this and someone said windows may be corrupt)

I seem to get a different stop code every time so not sure how much help they'll be probably had 6 different ones maybe more: "Invalid IO boost state" "System service exception" are some of the others.

After uninstalling and reinstalling drivers I didn't get BSoD for over an hour, but every game I played would close after about 5 mins without any warnings or errors. Then, I got a BSoD when running the windows memory diagnostic.

So that's pretty much everything, i really hope you guys can help me as it driving me mad, thanks in advance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Please (again) reinstall your NVIDIA graphics drivers. Use version 368.69, as it seems to be pretty stable. Please perform a Custom Installation. You should only install the Graphics Drivers and PhysX software. :exclame: DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users