- OS - Windows 10
- Windows 10
- Full retail version
- Age of Hardware: 2 months
- CPU: Intel i5 6600k (not OC'd)
- GPU: Evga GTX 1070 FTW (not OC'd)
- MOBO: ASRock z170 Exteme4
- PSU: Evga G3 550W Gold 80+
- Self Built Desktop
Hi guys new to this site, I'm having a nightmare trying to figure out this BSoD I've started getting for the past week and was hoping you guys could help.
Last week whilst playing games for around half an hour the game crashed twice, which has never happened before, I opened google to try and figure it out but got BSoD all of a sudden, this had never happened before and have had much longer, heavier gaming sessions with no problem. Once the PC restarted I checked GPU temp which was 55 C and then went to bios to check CPU temp, this was 38 C, but bare in mind this was a few minutes after the initial crash.
A few days later when playing a game I got a BSoD mid game after about 1 hour 30, this time I managed to catch the stop code, "Unexpected store exception". The next day I play the same game and get a BSoD after 20mins, this time the BSoD was "faulty hardware corrupted page".
After this, I realised this wasn't going away so I went to Toms Hardware for some advice. Some took some advice and tried a few things, these included:
- Memtest86 3 passes
- FurMark stress test (around 10mins, GPU was around 74 C, I closed it down as it wasn't going any higher, 2 minutes later a get BSoD)
- Removed display drivers with DDU, then clean installed from Nvidia
- Windows memory diagnostic
- Driver Verifier using custom setting that I was advised to use (this got BSoD as the PC was starting back up, said repairing windows, then about three more BSoD, I then went to advanced options and selected Repair windows, it ran for a while then said unable to repair, so I selected shut down, turned back on and it worked fine.) The first BSoD said "Driver verifier violation detected" - What Failed: aswVmm.sys
- SFC scannow (i tried this 3 times, first time no problems detected, second time found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, I then restarted in safe mode, ran SFC scannow, but this time no problems detected
- Running antivirus scans
- Using driver booster
- Resetting windows (I did this because I tried opening GeForce Experience, but it said failed try again, I googled this and someone said windows may be corrupt)
I seem to get a different stop code every time so not sure how much help they'll be probably had 6 different ones maybe more: "Invalid IO boost state" "System service exception" are some of the others.
After uninstalling and reinstalling drivers I didn't get BSoD for over an hour, but every game I played would close after about 5 mins without any warnings or errors. Then, I got a BSoD when running the windows memory diagnostic.
So that's pretty much everything, i really hope you guys can help me as it driving me mad, thanks in advance.