Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

get windows 10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

I want to know if I can still get windows 10 upgrade for my windows 7 computer either on line or buying it. Is there a way to get it free yet? I did find something on the internet that says you can still get it free.. Is this possible?

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

You missed the boat 7 months ago. So you have to buy it.

#3 coldtowelneeded

coldtowelneeded

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

I have seen sites that sell the key for around £10.  You have to use a clean update.  Installation is way above my head but others will no doubt advise you.

Despite my experience with Windows 10 which has not been good, [ie. support has been useless from Microsoft - I am still getting notifications to help for problems which are always not available and I am asked to 'try later']  I see some people are very pleased with it so I am persevering but i am very close to the last straw.

#4 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

I really don't want windows 10, as I love windows 7. But I know it is getting to the end of 7 and know I have to do something. I don't want a new computer since there is nothing wrong with this one. I don't know any other solution..

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

#5 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

For the general public, the free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended on July 29, 2016. However, if you use assistive technologies, you can still get the free upgrade offer.

Keep in mind, you're basically on the honor system here. Microsoft has made no effort to actually check if a customer uses any assistive technology. At this point, anyone can get a free Windows 10 upgrade, even though the official deadline is up.

What is Microsoft assistive technologies?

Microsoft Windows is compatible with a wide variety of assistive technology products such as screen readers, magnifiers, and specialty hardware that meet the needs of computer users with all types of impairments and provide choices at every price point.

See the following:

http://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Check out on how it’s still possible to get Windows 10 for free

Do I have to use Windows 10? Can I keep Windows 7?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/639811/do-i-have-to-use-windows-10-can-i-keep-windows-7/

Post #3

“Also downloading W10 from here [ https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 ] as of a few days ago is still free for W10 Home. It uses your existing W7 - 8.1 key etc.”

Post #9

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade Jan 5, 2017

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

#7 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

Check out on how it’s still possible to get Windows 10 for free.

Thanks cmptrgy! Good to know it's still available via other means.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#8 _jxcob3

_jxcob3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

If you live chat with Windows tech support, then you can say that you missed the download and ask them for a link to download it... Even though its not free anymore, they'll be like "Yeah sure" and give it to you for free... Its what my friend just did today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users