Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darklord92

darklord92

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hey when I thought I fixed my BSOD problem last time another one showed up. This one appeared after I installed NVIDIA driver 376.33. I had uninstalled the old driver using Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) in safe mode, rebooted the computer, installed the new driver and shutdown the computer , but when I tried to boot it back up the screen turned pitch black for 3-5 seconds and the computer just restarts itself.

But it doesn't get stuck in an "infinite loop" like I thought; it boots just fine after the computer crashes but everytime I shut it down and boot it up I get the same error.

I tried installing the new hotfix drive 378.57 and the same exact error happens again. How can I fix this? It's driving me insane :smash:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

Got another "BSOD" called

DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL

Attached File  021417-17187-01.zip   22.72KB   2 downloads

Edited by darklord92, 14 February 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#3 mWave

mWave

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

I'm sorry to break it to you but there might not be a way for you to fix this unless it's an incompatibility problem (e.g. wrong driver for your system); it might just be a bug within the driver itself and be at the fault of the code within the device driver... Is there a way for you to submit support to Nvidia?

Edited by mWave, 14 February 2017 - 09:49 AM.

#4 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

I'm sorry to break it to you but there might not be a way for you to fix this unless it's an incompatibility problem (e.g. wrong driver for your system); it might just be a bug within the driver itself and be at the fault of the code within the device driver... Is there a way for you to submit support to Nvidia?

This is the latest driver available and it says on the nvidia's website that the driver is compatible with my graphics card. I don't see why it should be compatibility problem.

I could do that but I think people here will be of more help to me.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

If I were you, I would just roll back to the previous working version of your graphics drivers. (Since you were able to run the Sysnative File Collection App, I presume you can boot, at least into Safe Mode.) Please perform a Custom Installation.

Warning! Please read this first.
You should only install the Graphics Drivers and PhysX software. :exclame: DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

If I were you, I would just roll back to the previous working version of your graphics drivers. (Since you were able to run the Sysnative File Collection App, I presume you can boot, at least into Safe Mode.) Please perform a Custom Installation.

Warning! Please read this first.
You should only install the Graphics Drivers and PhysX software. :exclame: DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!!

But it's really frustrating how I can't install the new drivers. It's supposed to be supported with my graphics cards but it's not working.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

NVIDIA graphics card drivers have always been buggy. I'd about 70% of the crashes we deal with are somehow related to them. Usually rolling-back does the trick. Perhaps the peoples at GeForce Forums may be able to help.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Speak of the devil :devil: A new driver (378.66) just got released. I'll do as you said (physx and graphics driver) and let you know whether it works

#9 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

UPDATE: The new driver(378.66)  ""seems"" to have fixed my issue or I did the installion correctly or it was a fluke. Tested it by starting up and rebooting the computer several times.  Works okay so far

There's one thing though: Restarting seems to take longer than just booting the computer first-off. This was the case too in the older drivers. I didn't really mind it but I'd like to ask: What causes it?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users