Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worried, any suggestions/experience? Ty!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jcksnghst

jcksnghst

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello, I am so proud to have found this forum.
I have a Asus S 8.0 z580ca running Android 5.0 on the way, Direct... but it is from a seller through Amazon, if that makes any difference? And all of my research pointed towards the Asus.

I really hope that y'all can steer me into the right direction on how to open and prepare this tablet for use.

What precautions should I take before I even turn it on the first time?

What are the best Tools used to check the files when I first open it and see if there any malicious files, malware, and possible viruses?

Where, rather is there, a best up to date list of the files I should look for?

Is there a need for a virus protection program and what do you, the community, recommend?

Please, any information is greatly appreciated as I am highly anxious and do not want to turn it on until I know. Haha
Tytytyttyty!!!!!

Edited by Al1000, 13 February 2017 - 01:09 PM.
moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

I'm assuming you bought it via someone that is reselling the device on Amazon. 

I would suggest just doing a factory reset of the device to ensure no leftover personal files where on there from the previous owner (if it is a second hand device - either way do this step). Do this before entering in your Google account information.

After that, set up the device as you normally would a new Android product. Once you can install apps choose an AV to put on it (here is a list of a bunch of them). Should be good to go after that!

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users