Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete My account.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

post Moot.

catscream: kek gtho

Edited by Viper_Security, 13 February 2017 - 08:54 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:38 AM

Just abandon your account... no one cares!

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

@Viper_Security
You will be missed in the Linux section :).

@TheDcoder

Just abandon your account... no one cares!

In my opinion, it's always a good idea to make a post, message an admin, or send an email, when abandoning accounts, on sites that don't allow deletion, if the account can be linked back to you, because that way you've made it clear that you are turning over control of the account to the site operators, and going forward they will be the ones responsible for any activity on the account, not you.

I also usually remove any personal details I can, and change the user name to something like "delete me". On BC it's a bit harder to do this :(.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users