Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Laptop doesn't get past starting windows screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kittkatt13

Kittkatt13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:25 AM

So, my laptop froze up on me and I power-reset it.  While I was in the other room, my boyfriend restarted it as well, citing internet issues while it was trying to startup.  So, I ran the startup repair, and it couldn't fix the problem.  The following are the details from running it:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name : StartupRepairOffline

Problem SIgnature 01 : 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02 : 6.1.7600.16385

PRoblem Signature 03 : unknown

Problem Signature 04 : 21199357

Problem Signature 05 : AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06 : 2

PRoblem Signature 07 : NoRootCause

OS Version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID : 1033

Please help!!!!  I'm not a complete technidiot, but I get super paranoid about my computer.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

I suggest you run Startup Repair three times, rebooting in between each try. Are you able to go back to a previous working state with System Restore?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users