Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Word 2013 no longer works

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 janep

janep

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

When I try to open my 2013 Word from my Office 2013, NOTHING happens any more.  Everything else works fine - Excel, Powerpoint, etc.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times; a MS tech person has tried to fix problem, but could not fix it and said they will charge me $70 to fix.  Do you have any idea what the problem could be??  I really need help here!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

The only suggestion I would have is using something like Revo Uninstaller (the free version or trial version - either will be fine) or similar to uninstall MS-Office 2013 and then reinstall it again.

Revo removes everything associated with a program, leaving no traces behind.

If that does not solve the problem then I'm stuck as a fresh, completely fresh, install should install all Office programs in working order.  I suspect that the standard uninstall leaves some bits behind and that corruption in one of those bits is at the root of your problem.

As another quick suggestion search your machine for the file "winword.exe" and try starting directly from it.  If that works then somehow your shortcut is hosed.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 janep

janep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

Thanks I'll try.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Please report back on how this ends up being resolved or whether it's still unresolved.

I'd try finding winword.exe first just to see if the program itself will run.  That gives you a lot more information if it won't when you double click on winword.exe itself.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users