Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What To Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 holynicolas

holynicolas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

So today I was on steam and bought black ops 3, Installed the game then went to run and kept getting a direct x 11 error. Looked into and then i found out that my ATI Raedon 3870 x2 was only compatible with direct x 10.1 and not 11, So now I am wondering what graphics card I should buy to be able to run direct x 11 games because I want to be able to run the newer games. Also would direct x 12 graphics be an option for my setup? I'm fairly new when it comes to graphics cards, This is the first graphics card I have had aswell before I just had integrated graphics cards on the motherboards. And should i upgrade anything else aswell? My setup plays CS:Go, Runescape and other games very well surprised it wasn't direct x 11 capable. Here is some information about my computer, All feedback appreciated Thanks!  :bounce:  :bananas:  :flame:   :thumbup2:

Processor

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Video Card
ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)

Video Card #2
ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)

RAM
4.0 GB DDR2

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Video Card

- Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL CM E8400

- 500 watt PSU.

:hysterical:        :idea:

Edited by hamluis, 12 February 2017 - 06:53 PM.
Moved from Computer Gamiong to System Build/Upgrade - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

That is an older, low end system you are currently using.  You can only use Core 2 CPU's and the motherboard maxes out at 4GB of RAM.  If you want to keep using this PC, I suggest spending only the bare minimum on the GPU and saving for a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Windows license.  If you are considering playing newer, more demanding games, you may want to seriously look at such an upgrade.

That said, there are options for DirectX 11 capable cards.  You cannot use DirectX 12 since you aren't using Windows 10, but most newer GPU's have the capability built into them anyway.  A fairly inexpensive card like the XFX Radeon RS RX 480 DirectX 12 RX-480P4LFB6 4GB would be a good option.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users