Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd problems, and corrupt windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonHelp

BrandonHelp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

I recently switched out my Motherboard, a MSI 760GM to put in a intel motherboard, a MSI H110M Gaming with a I5 6500, installed the disc drivers then checked online for new ones, which there isn't.

However the first things I notice when I open up task manager is a incredible amount of disk usage.  http://imgur.com/a/z0IVj

First I thought maybe I should disable windows search, superfetch, etc. All of the common fixes for high disk usage. Doesn't work for it. 100% disk drive going through the roof at times then going down. My disk drive shouldn't be jumping at 100% from just opening chrome.

I checked my disk health using Seatools, the windows given tool, and all of them turn the disk up as healthy so it can't be my HDD.

My eventlog is a absolute disaster with over 7000+ errors in it.  http://imgur.com/a/C84xd

I used SFC and it said I had corrupt files but they were unable to fix it. 

I even tried using reset my pc (while keeping personal files) yet it had a error as well,"there was a problem resetting" No changes being made

Any ideas on how to fix it? I've installed the drivers that came with the motherboard as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

Are all the event errors referencing the AMD Fuel Service? According to your Task Manager you are using a Nvidia card.

What is the disk activity in Safe Mode? You can do a clean boot and start enabling startup items/services until your disk usage increases to narrow down the service or startup item causing the problem.

#3 BrandonHelp

BrandonHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Are all the event errors referencing the AMD Fuel Service? According to your Task Manager you are using a Nvidia card.

What is the disk activity in Safe Mode? You can do a clean boot and start enabling startup items/services until your disk usage increases to narrow down the service or startup item causing the problem.

This is my clean boot (disabled every startup using msconfig and task manager, but didn't disable any microsoft ones from MSCONFIG) http://imgur.com/a/HGUMi

still hitting 100%. I believe I have a memory leak  because of my corrupt windows

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Did you disable all non-microsoft services?

#5 BrandonHelp

BrandonHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Did you disable all non-microsoft services?

Yes, I followed  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows this guide   

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

What about your AMD fuel service. Did you ever have an AMD card in the computer? When you switched out the motherboard the OS was reinstalled, correct? 

#7 BrandonHelp

BrandonHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

What about your AMD fuel service. Did you ever have an AMD card in the computer? When you switched out the motherboard the OS was reinstalled, correct? 

Never had a AMD Card, only had a AMD Cpu (FX-4300) I disabled AMD Fuel Service with the clean boot.

I did not reinstall the OS. just replaced the motherboard and it booted up

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

Technically you should reinstall the OS on a motherboard replacement, especially if the chipsets are different. I am surprised Windows even booted after replacing the motherboard as one has an AMD chipset and the other intel.

#9 BrandonHelp

BrandonHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

Technically you should reinstall the OS on a motherboard replacement, especially if the chipsets are different. I am surprised Windows even booted after replacing the motherboard as one has an AMD chipset and the other intel.

I've been trying to reinstall the OS using the restart this PC in windows 10, but it doesn't work as there is a issue running it.

Any ideas how I could reinstall alternatively?

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

This will wipe all current data on the drive so back up any personal data.

Boot your Windows 10 install media. You can get the latest using the Media Creation Tool here.  When you get to the screen asking for a language press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Type the following commands.

diskpart             Opens the diskpart command prompt

list disk

select disk X      Where X is the disk number you wish to install Windows to. This is usually 0.

clean                 This deletes all partitions on the disk and sets up the drive for a clean install

convert GPT      This initializes the disk to GPT for booting on a UEFI MB.

exit                    Exits out of diskpart

exit                    Exits out of command prompt

Continue with the install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users