Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RATASS88

RATASS88

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

I downloaded "hitmanpro" and was able to download tesladecryter.    Demonslayer was able to give me the key (thank you very much!) and it unlocked the files.  However, now Firefox will not stay connected to the internet (I am using explorer right now) and HitmanPro  keeps telling me I have two detected files.  I've allowed HitmanPro to fix the issues and reboot the computer but the two files are still there.  I also get a message that states  "c:users\ff\appdata\local\UVmedia\tcp\WIplan.dll   failed to load     Make sure binary is stored @the specified path or debug it to check for problems w/the binary or dependent .DLL files   Module could not be found"     Can someone please advise?  Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 RATASS88

RATASS88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hi,   Thank you very much for the response.  I am wondering if it would just be best to ditch the computer now that I was able to retrieve the files.   It may not be worth your generous efforts to help me when I could use a new computer.  Please let me know and thank you again for the response.

#4 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hi

That might sometimes be easiest and safest choice after malware infection. Installing applications again takes much time but so does cleaning process and there is also possibility that machine can never

be completely cleaned. In that case only option is Windows reinstallation.

I don't know the state your machine is currently in so I can't say what action would be best in your case but if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

If you want later restore your backups to your new installation be cautious to not include executables as these might have been infected.

You can use Panda USB Vaccine to prevent infections over USB.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#5 RATASS88

RATASS88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

Thank you for the help.   I don't know how to close a topic but the issues are resolved and I thank you for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users