Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sata/raid Card Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jd5

jd5

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

I own a dell dimension 8400 and I just installed a seagate 160Gb sata hard drive. I am having a problem reinstalling windows xp and I think I need the SATA/RAID card driver. I feel like I have tried every other possible solution... Does anyone have the link to the driver, or some tips on loading it? I have access to a floppy drive, which I think is needed. Thanks, I appreciated the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

jd5,

Take a look at this link. Also note item # 2 at the very bottom under references. hth

Be (RAID) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:37 PM

Is your Sata drive connected directly to your motherboard or through a seperate PCI-Sata controller card?
(I went to look it up at Dell support but their site is not functioning right now for some unknown reason)

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

You can find it here.

Custom Instructions for R82876.exe:

At the beginning of the operating system setup, press F6 to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.

1. When prompted, select 'S' to Specify Additional Device.

2. When prompted, insert the floppy disk you created in step 2 and press Enter.

3. At this point you should be presented with a selection for one of the following depending on you hardware version and configuration:

- Intel® 82801FR SATA RAID Controller
- Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller

4. Highlight the selection that is appropriate for the hardware in your system and press Enter.

5. Press Enter again to continue. Leave the floppy disk in the system until the next reboot as the software will need to be copied from the floppy disk again when setup is copying files.

JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users