Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSOD events per day Win10

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 kyjp

kyjp

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Please help. Getting multiple BSOD events per day with varied error codes, most frequently ‘CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED’. BlueScreenView is often pointing me to the Ancillary Function Driver. Sometimes the reboot fails repeated.

Two BSOD events just trying to post here.

Have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth numerous times including earlier today.

Answers to questions:
Architecture: 64 bit OS, 64 bit processor
Preinstalled OS?: this is a job issued laptop, so I do not know for sure. I believe it came with Win10 professional and my college (which is a Dell service center) installed Win10 Education... (not sure)
Age of hardware: Shipped from Dell: 8/28/2016
Age of OS: I have reset the operating system several times, most recently 2/3/2017
CPU: processor: Intel Core i7-6600U @ 2.60 GHZ 2.80 GHz
Graphics: HD Graphics 520 (I think--not sure)
Model: Latitude E7270
laptop

I updated BIOS and all recommended drivers after running diagnostics on Dell site. I updated BIOS and all recommended drivers after running diagnostics on Dell site. All updates "took" except Chipset_Driver_X37VM_WN32_11.5.0.1020_A01_14 which despite running repeatedly, the Dell diagnostics indicates is needed. No matter how many times I run it, Dell says I still need it. These diagnostics have found no hardware problems.

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip attached.

perfmon /report never completes.

Attached Files

Edited by kyjp, 11 February 2017 - 10:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thank you for your patience. :) We BSOD analysts are always very busy.
One of your dumps blames an Intel WiFi driver:

ffffcc00`2b30dee8  fffff807`0051b395Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw04.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwtw04.sys

Netwtw04+0x8b395

Therefore, please reinstall your WiFi driver. **DOWNLOAD LINK**

Thanks.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

Thanks so much, @bwv848.

I did this driver download from the link you sent. Also did two other driver updates Dell recommended. Then I got mutliple BSOD events. :(  

I have run  SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe again and uploaded the files. Perhaps I have more than one problem?

Many thanks in advance for your continued help.

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Sorry to hear that. :(

I actually gave you the wrong link for the Intel driver — that was version 18.40.0.9. Here's the latest version, 19.2.0.1. ***DOWNLOAD LINK***

Are you overclocking?

0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed:     2600
CurrentSpeed: 2808

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

Thanks so much, @bwv848!

I installed the Wifi driver you recommended a couple of hours ago, and so far so good. Fingers crossed...  

I am not intentionally overclocking. It is a relatively new laptop and my company set it up. I updated the BIOS, but did not set it to overclock. 

At this point, I am very, very much hoping that you have solved my problem. In any case, I am exceedingly grateful for your time and expertise. You are awesome.

P.S. It seems very strange to me that the Dell site did not detect the problem...  

#6 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

@bwv848!, Almost a day without crashing. But, I got another BSOD this morning. :(

Can you please continue to help?

Many thanks!

Newly run SysnativeBSODCollection attached.  Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.29MB   2 downloads

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Let's try running Driver Verifier according to these instructions. Your Intel WiFi adapter driver has a history of causing BSODs, but I'm wondering whether if another driver is also to blame. When you get BSODs whilst running Driver Verifier, please run the Sysnative File App Collection tool again.

#8 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

Thanks so much ! Am running Driver Verifier now and will post after the 24 hours which are recommended.

#9 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

Two BSOD events in quick succession this morning. 

Newly run SysnativeBSODCollection attached with the Driver Verifier running as described. 

I really appreciate your help.

Attached Files

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

Unfortunately, there were no dumps. :( Is your computer set up properly to produce dumps?

BSODs but no Dump Files?

Please navigate to the Windows directory and look for a file called MEMORY.DMP. Zip it up and upload it to a reputable third-party file sharing service.

Edited by bwv848, 16 February 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#11 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

You are right. There are dump files, but all of them are a few days older and none from yesterday even though I had two BSOD events yesterday. That is weird. 

I looked at the page you linked and ran:

SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe /pagefile

I have confirmed that:

My page file is on my C: drive which is my OS drive.
Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service is set to 
My page file is system managed on the OS drive (The radio button next to system managed size is checked.)

However, 
Only 1536 MB is allocated even though 1875 MB are recommended. 

Should I check "automatically manage paging file size for all drives"? How that differs from the "system managed size" is a mystery to me.

I also changed the System Crash/ Recovery Settings to "Kernel Memory Dump" from  "Automatic Memory Dump" as directed and I unchecked the box to overwrite since I have plenty of HD space right now.

Many thanks again!

Edited by kyjp, 16 February 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Ah ha, I just looked at the WMICRecoveros file from your Sysnative report. Turns out that your Page File Base Allocation Size is 1536 MB and you have 8.00 GB of physical memory. Can you play around with the settings until your Base Allocation Size is greater than 8 GB? That should solve the problem.

BTW, is it possible you zip up the file (use .ZIP!!!) called MEMORY.DMP, in the Windows directory (C:\Windows)? Unfortunately, you'll have to put it on a third-party file-sharing service.

Edited by bwv848, 16 February 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#13 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

I have changed the minimum virtual page size to 8192 MB.

The zipped file is at:

http://bit.ly/2kEc7Bb

Many thanks

Edited by kyjp, 16 February 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Great! Unfortunately, the MEMORY.DMP file is corrupt for some reason. (It's not your fault — something to do with Windows.) I'd leave Driver Verifier running until tomorrow night. When finished with Driver Verifier, run the Sysnative File Collection App again, so we can inspect the dumps.

Edited by bwv848, 16 February 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#15 kyjp

kyjp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

I had another BSOD event this morning, but I don't think you it is getting dumped properly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users