Hey I've been struggling with this issue for the past week and a bit and am resolute in finding the source of the crashes.
My computer seems to be crashing whenever I'm playing more graphically intensive games such as BF1 or Space Engineers. I've played BF1 quite a bit without issue until recently however when in the last month my computer began to crash consistently while attempting to start a game.
I've done virus checks as well as reinstalled gpu drivers several times.
I ran memtest86 without issue as well as cleaned the registry and tempt folders.
Done several hard drive cleanups although it's pretty immaculate, I don't let it get above 50% used space. Never had any issues with corrupt data except from some of the crashes lately.
My temps are pretty good sitting at 28-30 and only rising to the low 40's while gaming.
Although I just added a new processor fan and heatsink as it was running at 60 c on idle. Now its around 30-35.
I am almost certain it is a hardware issue at this point but don't want to rule out software errors yet.
If it is hardware than I'm curious as to how I might isolate if its the processor, motherboard or gpu as I've kind of ruled out powersupply and memory problems as well as hard drive.
Although I haven't had a BSOD I included the associated information none the less.
· Windows 10
· Originally Windows 7, I just changed to Windows 10
· Installed Windows 7 myself when I made the computer
· Age of system - Less than 2 years aside from the case which is almost 10 years old. (RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black/Silver 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case)
· Age of OS installation - Windows 7 Less than 2 years, Windows 10 Less than 2 days
· Intel i7-4790K
· Asus GTX 980 (overclocked, though I ramped it down with msi-afterburner)
· Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
· Thermaltake 600 watt
· Desktop Computer
Sysnative SysnativeFileCollectionAppmbatman.zip 281.43KB 4 downloads
Speccy Text File speccyMbatmantxt.zip 17.49KB 1 downloads
Perfmon mbatman2.11.17.zip 47.6KB 3 downloads