Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall PowerShell 4.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pimpo

pimpo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Does anybody know how to uninstall PoweShell 4.0 in Windows 8.1? It is built-in in the system.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

My first question is... why would do you want to uninstall PowerShell? It's such a useful tool!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 pimpo

pimpo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

I agree with you and this is the reason for I want to uninstall in PCs clients. With AD you have enough tools to manage clients and you don't need Powershell on clients. Administrators have these tools in their PCs but I don't see the reason in users PCs.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

You can run commands in the Powershell in a very similar manner to running commands in the Command Prompt.  You can also use the Powershell to uninstall Windows Store apps that you installed and found that you don't want it.  This is a useful tool.  If you don't use this application I would just forget that it's there and get on with what ever you normally use this computer for.  This is part of the operating system, I don't believe you can uninstall or disable it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users