Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random black screen during heavy particle effects.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ishiatomic

Ishiatomic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hello,

So a friend of mine recently built a gaming computer and everything has been running fine up until yesterday. We downloaded For Honor because he wanted to try it out and instantly it started randomly going into black screen mode. This also happens with Just Cause 3 (Mostly when shooting anything that has high particle effects). We thought maybe it was just the particles overloading his 1050 TI, however, even with the particles turned all the way down it still randomly black screens.

We have so far tried re-seating the gpu, we ran tests on the CPU and ram, and we've tried changing the channels that the ram are seated in as well. We just cannot get a grip on what could be causing the problem. At the moment I'm suspecting that the PSU isn't putting enough power into the card to be able to handle such a heavy load of effects, but with it being the 1050 I've heard that it doesn't take anything more than what the motherboard uses as far as power goes, but on the flip side I've also heard you need a 500w PSU to effectively power it (he's running a Corsaire 430w bronze+). If we can get any suggestions on what could be causing this problem, we would greatly appreciate it. I'll leave his specs in a list down below.

Motherboard: MSI Bazooka 150 gaming

PSU: Corsaire 430w Bronze+

GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti 4gb DDR5

Ram: 8GB(2x4) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

Please follow the instructions here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users