Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS 15 9550 Battery issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Herosix

Herosix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a recent issue with my new Dell XPS 15 9550 (bought 3-4 months ago for a professional use): last week the white light for the battery indicator (in the front of the computer) turned into orange and started flickering. Never stopped since then, and the computer says that the battery is plugged in but not charging (59% remaining).

When I unplugged the AC, the computer shut down.

I searched everywhere on the web to find a solution: upgrade BIOS, downgrade even (to 1.1.15), remove the battery, updating/unistalling MPCI or things like that in device manager etc...

In the BIOS (v. 1.2.18), it tells me that I have to change the battery -but it's a brand new computer!!-.

I'm sure I just missed something.

Anyway, Dell is not even answering to my problem so now I have to try everything I can with your help :(

Oh and one thing I noticed: when upgrading/downgrading the BIOS, the light stopped flickering during the EC BIOS Update.

Please help, 

thank you a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

If this is a new computer then I would call Dell and demand they give you an RMA number to return the computer. A new computer should not act like this. Did they offer to ship a new battery?

If this is Windows 10 or 8 you can create a batteryreport to see what the rated capacity of the battery is and the maximum battery charge on the battery.

http://www.howtogeek.com/217010/how-to-generate-a-battery-health-report-on-windows-8-or-windows-10/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users